Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Management Manager 2
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of business and at all levels. Success comes from inviting and incorporating diverse perspectives.Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Payments, Virtual Solutions, and Innovation (PVSI) team includes Operations, Consumer Credit Card, Retail Services, Consumer Deposits, the Innovation Group, Treasury Management, Merchant Services and Wells Fargo Virtual Channels and the professional services teams that partner with these businesses. PVSI's focus is on delivering the next generation of payments and deposit capabilities and advancing our digital and online offerings to design new customer experiences and products. Our guiding principles are to start with the customer, move faster, and partner effectively.
Treasury Management Payment Solutions (TMPS) is a key part of our Payments, Virtual Solutions and Innovation team. TMPS includes managing and optimizing our customers' cash flow and mitigating its operational, financial, and reputational risk. We focus on creating operating efficiencies, cost savings and time savings for our customers by delivering treasury solutions through a consultative approach.
We put our customers at the center of every decision we make by focusing on their needs, being a leader in innovation, keeping things simple, and making our solutions easy to implement.
The Treasury, Merchant and Payment Solutions (TMPS) Project Delivery Team within the PVSI GPMO partners with our Enterprise Portfolio Management Office (EPMO) to ensure the successful execution and delivery of all initiatives across TMPS, including Digital Solutions for Business (DS4B).
This role, reporting to the DS4B PM Team Manager, will manage the DS4B Services Project Management team. Success in this role will be driven by the candidate’s ability to successfully:
- Be responsible, directly and through subordinates, for managing all activities and people associated with complex Digital Wholesale Internet projects that are across one or more lines of business, driving the program management and governance in alignment with the EPMO, business project management, resource management and financial management for all DS4B services including CEO Portal, WCA, Enrollments, Fraud Tools & Authentication, and CEO Mobile;
- Work across many different business units at various levels of the organization, understanding both the DS4B and LOB business goals and strategic objectives;
- Demonstrate an ability to anticipate emerging issues and develop strategies to meet business needs;
- Interact with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects;
- Manage several direct reports for whom they will have responsibility to coach, develop, motivate and challenge
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The selected project management manager will ensure the execution and delivery of several portfolios of projects within Digital Solutions for Business space. These projects will range in size from smaller scale, low risk efforts to large scale, high risk efforts requiring both business and technical project management. The incumbent will not only manage their own project portfolio and all associated activities throughout the project lifecycle, but will also be accountable for the management of their teams’ portfolios.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Setting high level strategy on business, product, and customer service needs
- Analyzing profitability, policy, programs and staffing to ensure optimal business results Initiating and directing complex projects, including those managed by others
- Initiating and directing complex projects, including those managed by others
- Working with multiple groups to identify requirements, develop project plans and strategies, and preparing business cases and assigning tasks
- Interacting with senior leadership and major stakeholders to establish strategic plans and objectives for programs or projects
- Developing and / or authorizing policies / procedures / controls within scope of project to optimize results while ensuring compliance with government regulations and enterprise policies
- Directing project staff including FTEs and managed resources
- Influencing and negotiating with senior management
- Overseeing program / project control and related risks
- May Interface with high level users to define needs and issue
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years’ experience working within a Wholesale Project Management Office with a comprehensive knowledge of project management practices and concepts
- Experience characterized by collaboration, delivery of on-time results as a senior contributor, and marked skills as a pro-active listener
- Demonstrated understanding of the inter-dependencies of the CEO Channel Services.
- Demonstrated ability to lead strategic projects from beginning to end, showing ownership of entire process
- Thorough understanding of traditional SDLC approach, including Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate across various levels of management and must be able to operate independently, analyze issues, and propose solutions regarding progression of the projects consistent with corporate policies
- Experience managing project budgets in excess of $1MM
- Tenacious, excellent leadership, relationship management, communication and team building skills
- Results-driven, self-starter, detail-oriented, creative, organized
- Proven experience in personnel management including mentoring and coaching direct reports
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to limited notice changes and manage the associated work through the change
- In-depth understanding of Wholesale business and systems corporate-wide as related to projects managed. Especially helpful to have a solid understanding of Wholesale Internet Solutions/CEO Channel products, tools, and applications.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change and drive for outstanding results
- Project Management Institute Certification (PMI and PMI-ACP)
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.