Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Finance Control Leader - Operational Risk Manager 4
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we have one goal: to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them achieve their dreams. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Enterprise Finance & Information Technology offers technology and services that exceed Wells Fargo customers’ expectations and directly enable them to succeed financially. We interact with customers more than 12 billion times a year through in-store, online, ATM, and telephone transactions. We impact customers directly, through systems availability and security, as well as indirectly, through our business partners who offer and deliver a myriad of products and services that meet customers’ financial needs. We provide a competitive advantage for the company through excellence in fundamentals, integrated partnerships, and our talented and engaged team members.
This exciting position is part of the Finance Control Executive Team and will play a significant role partnering with the Finance business teams to help them manage their risks and controls in alignment with Wells Fargo Corporate Policies. The Finance groups this role will support are; Finance Shared Services, Corporate Strategic Planning, and Corporate Development. This role will report to the Finance Control Executive.
- Accountable for assessing risk and assisting the business in managing risks and controls
- Proactively counsel functional business leaders on risk and control issues including new and emerging risk, issue management, and remediation.
- Ensure timely escalation of risk issues following established protocols.
- Subject matter expert of inherent risks in the business and is forward-looking to identify internal and external risk trends.
- Work with business to ensure sound and appropriate risk controls are in place with appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Work with Finance business teams to: implement new requirements, develop effective risk programs, and identify gaps that will need to be tracked through remediation
- Regularly influence and negotiate with all levels of management as well as high level stakeholders.
- Communicate findings to senior management via formal presentations and standard management reporting artifacts on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the organization to share risk information and collect best practices.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Exceptional problem solving skills with the demonstrated ability to think independently and bring insightful challenge
- Ability to think systemically, from end to end with a risk management perspective.
- Significant risk process mapping experience
- Extensive knowledge of Finance businesses
- Risk management and mitigation experience
- Issue management experience
- Experience with risk tools, to include but not limited to e.g., SHrP, CRAS+, RCSA , RSA Archer
- Ability to build effective business partnerships with all levels of team members
- Experience preparing executive summaries, and presentations for management/senior leaders
- Experience identifying and assess key compliance and operational risks associated mitigating controls, e.g. Sarbanes Oxley, risk program management, auditing, etc.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of corporate policies, standards and procedures
MN-Minneapolis: 600 S 4th St - Minneapolis, MN
IA-West Des Moines: 7001 Westown Pkwy - West Des Moines, IA
AZ-PHX-Northwest Phoenix: 2202 W Rose Garden Ln - Phoenix, AZ
NC-Charlotte: 301 S College St - Charlotte, NC
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.