Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Analytic Consultant 5 - Community Banking Risk Management Specialized Surveillance Decision Sciences Group
at Wells Fargo
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Corporate Risk helps all Wells Fargo businesses identify and manage risk. We focus on three key risk areas: credit risk, operational risk and market risk. We help our management and Board of Directors identify and monitor risks that may affect multiple lines of business, and take appropriate action when business activities exceed the risk tolerance of the company.
Community Banking Risk Management (CBRM) is responsible for independently overseeing the regulatory and operational risk activities within Community Banking. This senior manager position will lead the development of the Second Line of Defense Specialized Surveillance and Decision Sciences Group. The incumbent will build a strong analytical foundation using advanced quantitative and decision sciences to proactively identify risk patterns and trends across interactions, customers, team members and products. The primary focus will be supervision and oversight of the Community Bank branches but will also extend to other Risk Management functions including Operational Risk, CCAR, and other Compliance functions.
- Research and develop big data and machine learning capabilities to support development of quantitative models and algorithms
- Identify, develop and implement advanced quantitative models and algorithms to increase proactive detection of risk patterns and trends by researching and testing data to determine those with the most predicative power.
- Build and implement advanced quantitative models and algorithms that can be used for specialized surveillance.
- Leverage both structured and unstructured data and "Big Data" analytic tools and platforms to implement models using path analysis, graph analysis, iterative analytics and other machine learning techniques.
- Build and implement advanced quantitative models and algorithms to proactively identify and isolate relevant emerging risks across processes, products, interactions, transactions and other macro factors.
- Leverage data and predictive models to inform and influence line of business strategic planning team in long term plan development around sales supervision.
- Partner closely with other Community Bank Risk Management teams to support Branch Quality Reviews, Compliance Reviews and other activities where advanced modeling would add value.
He/She will work with a cross-functional team to develop and implement next generations of Machine Learning capabilities to generate insights to proactively drive compliance and risk management. Successful candidates will have proven track records of developing and implementing advanced quantitative techniques and models that are actionable and can be used to inform, influence, and drive business outcomes. Successful candidates will be articulate and possess a demonstrated leadership capability; they will have strong interpersonal effectiveness. He/She must have strong understanding of business drivers and processes and be an effective influencer that has credibility with business leaders and able to offer credible challenge as needed.
As a Team Member Manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
Location: Phoenix AZ, San Francisco CA, Charlotte NC, Minneapolis MN, and Des Moines IA are preferred but will consider other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint for qualified candidates.
Other Desired Qualifications
- Experience with distributed processing, especially Aster, Hadoop and Spark
- Experience working with advanced analytic capabilities and experience in Big Data capabilities.
- Experience developing predictive models using Graph Analysis, Bayesian, Path Analysis, Text Analytics, and other AI/Machine Learning techniques.
- Experience in SQL (or PROC SQL), and Unix shell scripts.
- Strong working knowledge of Python, R, SAS
- Experience with fraud risk management
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.