Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Archery Technician - Part Time ($11.00/hr.)
at Scheels Sports
|Title:||Archery Technician - Part Time ($11.00/hr.)|
|Store Location:||Des Moines, IA|
Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Archery Technician will be responsible for the repair and maintenance of archery bows to meet the service requests of the customer. This position will represent Scheels as a friendly, courteous and knowledgeable professional to all customers and fellow associates.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine “Thank you”
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Be knowledgeable to answer questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise
- Stock shelves, counters or tables with merchandise
- Carefully follow instructions per specific requests of the customer, while maintaining safety requirements
- Service bows including:
- Setting up bows with accessories
- Tuning Bows
- Repair of bows
- Stringing bows
- Communicate process of repair and suggestions for ongoing maintenance
- Maintain an orderly and exceptionally clean appearance of personal work space, archery bench, back stock space and surrounding areas
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Attend sales and product knowledge training meetings when required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to do basic math, and perform operations using units of measurement, currency, and understanding of percentages
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Scheels’ policies and procedures
- Ability to work assigned scheduled which may include varied hours, evening, weekends, and holidays
- Other duties that may be assigned by leadership
High School diploma or General Education Degree (GED), or 3 months related experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Very heavy work – Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm Monday through Saturday, and 10:30 am and 6:00 pm Sundays. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of two weekends a month. Average hours per week is 15-25 hours per week.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Associate Discount
- Uniform Shirts
- Volunteer Incentive
- Employee Assistance Program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Scheels is an equal employment opportunity employer providing equal employment opportunities to individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Scheels will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals when appropriate.
To take advantage of this excellent opportunity, please complete our online application and attach your resume at www.scheels.com or stop by our store at Jordan Creek Town Center, 101 Jordan Creek Parkway, #4000, West Des Moines, IA 50266 to complete a paper application and speak with a hiring leader.