Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Associate Help Desk Specialist
at Raising Cane’s
- Requisition ID
- Department (Portal Searching)
- Information Technology
- Location : City
- West Des Moines
- Location : State/Province
- Location : Postal Code
The Associate Help Desk Specialist role is a Lincoln NE based support function with the responsibility of satisfying IT support request from the Southern Hospitality Ventures, Inc. RSO and Restaurants. The support requests may include on-site or remote management of approved Raising Cane’s technologies. The Associate Help Desk Specialist role will be the primary contact for all IT related issues, installations or maintenance for the Southern Hospitality Ventures, Inc. RSO and Restaurants. Due to the nature of this role, some travel may be expected.
- Troubleshoot computer hardware, software or network issues – Diagnose and resolve end-user PC, network or printer problems. Some expected areas of troubleshooting consist of (but not limited to): PC hardware, software, video conference, e-mail, Internet, dial-in, and local-area network access problems, etc.
- Installations – Perform installations of new, company approved software and hardware at the direction of the IT Services Manager.
- Answer emails and telephone requests for service – Provides one-on-one, on site, end-user problem resolution for Southern Hospitality Ventures, Inc RSO users and Restaurant Crewmembers. Provides over the phone or support via email for Southern Hospitality Ventures, Inc. RSO and Restaurants.
- Creating departmental documentation on support processes – Assists IT Department in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions, standard operating procedures, and technical bulletins. Creates clear troubleshooting documentation within the ticket system for the IT Department.
- Fields depot requests for service– Provides on-site depot service for local restaurant IT equipment.
- Ownership of Technical Requests – From the initial request through resolution, Associate Help Desk Specialist is the driver of Technical services to the Restaurants, Field and RSO users. Duties include but are not limited to receipt of telephone calls, email, and personal requests for technical support; responding to the requests, providing/implementing solution or routing requests to the appropriate path. In addition, the Associate Hep Des Specialist is responsible for ensuring the issue has been resolved to the satisfaction of the user.
- Customer Service – Interact with customers to understand and provide information in response to request about IT solutions and services. Present a calm and understanding to the request while processing and resolving customer's issues using communication methods such as telephone, personal, e-mail, etc. to ensure the customer understands and agrees with the resolution path.
- Quality Assurance – Perform testing of approved software and hardware at the direction of the IT Services Manager.
- Associates degree, CompTIA A+ Certification or High School diploma with equivalent experience
- Proficiency in a variety of technology systems, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)/Office 365, and able to adapt to new systems quickly
- Experience with Micros POS, and Drive Thru/Headset Systems a plus
- Basic PC Troubleshooting skills required
- Basic network troubleshooting skills required
- Basic PC installation and configuration experience required
- Microsoft Windows platform troubleshooting skills desired
- PC Imaging experience desired
The intellectual and physical demands described below are representative of what must be met by a Crewmember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have the knowledge of commonly used technical concepts, practices, and procedures
- Must have knowledge working with complex hardware and software solutions
- Ability to follow direction and pre-determined instructions
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Has excellent Customer Service skills
- Stress tolerant
- Has advanced Troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work after hours – Weekly on call rotation
- Up to 25% travel may be required
- Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs unassisted), bending, standing, climbing, or walking