National Multiple Sclerosis Society - National Capital Chapter
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Development Specialist, Walk MS
at National Multiple Sclerosis Society - National Capital Chapter
Potential Work LocationsLos Angeles, California
- Bachelor of Arts or Science preferably in Business Development, Marketing, or Non-Profit
- Five years of directly related business experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Three years of related work experience in event planning/management, volunteer engagement, or fundraising is required.
- Knowledge of industry standards, current trends and best practices.
- Ability to build and strengthen relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Great team player; enjoys collaboration
- Commitment to the mission, vision, cultural values, and expectations of the National MS Society
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to extract and analyze data
- Social media savvy
- This position will be required to drive/travel on Society business. Candidate must possess a valid driver's license, proof of insurance, and reliable transportation. The Society does run motor vehicle checks for all positions which require driving and the applicant must meet the Society guidelines.
Professional License/Certification Required:
- Non Profit Management preferred
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society provides a highly competitive, comprehensive benefit package to employees. These benefits include a considerable Paid Time Off Plan; Paid Holidays; 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Society match; Educational Reimbursement Plan; Professional Development Assistance; Commuter Benefit Plan; Flexible Work Arrangement Options; Comprehensive Health & Welfare benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Spending Accounts, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Life Assistance Plan as well as additional voluntary benefit offerings.
The National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. To fulfill this mission, the Society funds cutting-edge research, drives change through advocacy, facilitates professional education, collaborates with MS organizations around the world, and provides programs and services designed to help people with MS and their families move their lives forward.
The National MS Society is seeking a highly motivated, results-driven individual to join our Development Team as a Walk Specialist.
The Development Specialist, Walk MS is responsible for the implementation and success of Walk MS events in Los Angeles and the surrouding areas. This position is responsible for the recruitment, cultivation, and retention of participants, teams, and sponsors for Walk and will oversee a fundraising portfolio of teams and participants. This position will foster participant engagement, drive revenue and participation, and exceed participant and donor expectations with the Society.
The Development Specialist acts as an ambassador for the National MS Society, always striving to engage participants and their donors with the mission by providing exceptional customer service. This position reports to Director, Walk MS will work closely with the logistics team assigned to the territory and will also support Bike MS and Leadership events in the market.
Responsible for leading the retention, acquisition and cultivation of Top Fundraisers, teams and individual participants for assigned Walk events.
- Support the implementation and execution of Walk MS by recruiting, cultivating, and fostering relationships with participants, teams, team captains, top fundraisers, and sponsors.
- Develop strong networks within the local community, cold call, and grow prospects for potential revenue and volunteer opportunities; increase Walk MS visibility and brand awareness.
- May work with volunteer committees to ensure that committee members are fully supported and accomplish tasks required for successful events.
- Maintains accurate records/ data to evaluate effectiveness and public awareness of events activities and results.
- Develop and implement events to recognize, reward, and motivate successful volunteers and fundraisers to ensure ongoing commitment and engagement.
- Adhere to the approved MS Walk budget for any and all purchase orders and check requests
- Assist in the assessment of prizes and t-shirts for walkers, team captains and other ancillary efforts
- Other administrative duties may be assigned based on local staff structure and resources
- Serve as a member of the development team to identify, assess, and implement best practices
- Increase the number of Society volunteers, recognizing and recruiting talent.
- Engage volunteers, effectively communicating and facilitating meaningful opportunities across all functions.
- Partner with volunteers to accomplish work.
- Cultivate volunteers, seeking and providing feedback and sharing opportunities for reciprocal growth and learning.