Midwest Basement Systems
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Foreman - Midwest Basement Systems
at Midwest Basement Systems
|Title:||Foreman - Midwest Basement Systems|
|Location:||Des Moines, IA|
|Company:||Midwest Basement Systems|
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
Responsible for overseeing each production job to completion, ensuring quality, safety, and efficiency. Leads production employees on his/her crew. Supports the company’s management, purpose, mission, and values.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Before leaving for the job
a) reviews job specifications to determine materials, tools, and equipment needed for the job, and
b) loads the truck with such materials, tools, and equipment.
2. Upon arriving at the job site
a) assesses the conditions of the job
b) plans time allotment, tools needed, order of work, and workload for the team, and
c) adjusts for conditions, making changes from the original job order as needed.
3. At the jobsite
a) assigns tasks to the team
b) motivates and trains the team on proper handling of materials and tools and approved methods of installation
c) ensures company policies and procedures, as well as safety guidelines, are followed
d) tracks the team’s hours, e) moves job progress to completion at a pace to ensure efficiency and quality
f) troubleshoots situations and innovates processes on the spot as needed
g) communicates with the team about changes needing to be made or made from the original job order, and
h) collects payment at the end of the job.
4. Communicates with:
a) the customer throughout the job to aid in understanding and satisfaction of work, ensuring that the customer is aware of and happy with any change to the job before making any such change and satisfied with the finished product, and
b) the Production Manager and Production Department regarding the job, ensuring all paperwork is done completely and accurately and given to the proper parties.
5. Provides customers with a remarkable experience.
6. Is an ambassador for the company’s culture and purpose.
7. Drives for the company in a safe manner.
8. Regular, reliable on-site attendance.
NECESSARY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of construction or related trades preferred.
- Ability and skill in operating equipment and/or power tools.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Ability to see the “big picture,” i.e. total job and break it into steps.
- Possess talent and personal traits:
- Communication â— Personal Accountability
- Customer Focus â— Planning & Organization
- Goal Achievement â— Problem Solving
- Integrity â— Self-Management
- Leading Others â— Work Ethic
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred;
- 1+ years of experience in construction trades; or,
- A combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- A valid driver’s license and a safe driving record.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS 0-24% 25-49% 50-74% 75-100%
Detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen
Communicate accurately on the telephone and in person with others
Accurately operate a computer and calculator
Ascend/Descend/Move self to lower position to inspect items under, on, or close to floor level
Ability to maintain upright stationary position
Ability to drive a vehicle
Ability to enter and work in a crawlspace
Ability to travel overnight, up to 5 days a week
PHYSICAL DIMENSIONS FOR LIFTING, CARRYING, PUSHING, PULLING
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly or to move objects.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. This document is subject to change at any time without notice.
Midwest Basement Systems is an equal opportunity employer.