Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Software Developer III
West Des Moines, Iowa
# of openings:
The Software Developer III designs and constructs technical solutions of well-defined, routine business problems for small or medium sized projects. The Software Developer III works in conjunction with the project team in providing timely, accurate and quality code design and construction, unit testing and documentation. The Software Developer III is involved in mission critical issues in an effort to help resolve the issues and will provide assistance and guidance to other Software Developers.
- Architect, code and test new web applications or enhance existing web applications. Be able to architect multiple options and logically select the best option for a given scenario.
- Follow given project management framework principles to insure that:
- Enhancements are properly estimated terms of time, skills and resources required.
- All agreed commitments are accomplished according to set timelines and accepted criteria.
- Team members have a clear understanding of status, issues and the action plan needed to accomplish the goals and tasks of the project.
- Follow the standard coding practices to ensure consistent and efficient web site development.
- Support and troubleshoot existing web sites as required, with minimal supervision.
- Work with internal and external IT contacts to resolve data issues and offer cost-effective alternative solutions while meeting client requirements.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of internal applications (i.e. PerformanceSuite Enterprise, PerformanceSuite Pro, Web Registration, Web Catalog, etc.)
- Undertake assigned research, development and completion of internal projects.
- Train and mentor others in Software Developer responsibilities.
- Increase personal knowledge of pertinent, leading technological issues by partaking in training initiatives offered and suggesting/requesting appropriate training as necessary.
- Maintain strong technical knowledge of the hardware and software used in the company. Attend training as needed and request training from others with regard to any new technology being utilized.
- Further ITA Group technology growth by providing input into current and future technology advances and ways to take advantage of them.
- Develop firm understanding of the Performance Improvement industry by taking appropriate training courses that focus on the science of the business and how ITA Group’s technical platform supports the company’s goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major or an Associate’s degree with comparable work experience.
- Four to eight years of demonstrated knowledge of client server and/or web based applications.
- Four to eight years of demonstrated knowledge of relational database concepts.
- Four to eight years of experience supporting production systems in a production environment.
- Four to eight years of experience working with the following technologies/tools/frameworks:
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Git Version Control
- ORM tools such as Entity Framework or NHibernate
- Automated tests frameworks – TDD experience is a plus
- MVC / MVP design patterns
- Dependency Injection knowledge is desirable
- Continuous Integration
- Ready to work in a collaborative / agile development environment.
- Excellent level of understanding of Object Oriented programming.
- Ability to think analytically to solve technical problems individually and in a team environment.
- Ability to work on several medium-sized projects with minimal supervision.
- Experience with the evaluation of technology products, tools and services for the purpose of improving existing processes and projects.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately on multiple projects when subjected to frequent interruptions.
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofreading skills (in English).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (in English).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner; customer service experience in a service-related industry preferred.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.