Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
West Des Moines, Iowa
# of openings:
The primary purpose of the Enterprise Release Manager (ERM) is to protect and manage the movement of releases through the production environments. The ERM will own the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and management of releases across the enterprise. This position is a member of the quality team and will work with development, program teams and others to ensure reliable release procedures are followed throughout the SDLC.
- Develop common strategies for release governance.
- Establish consistent release management processes and tools.
- Create common standards and formats for release playbooks.
- Standardize release decision-making.
- Facilitate cross-department coordination of release management functions.
- Design and perform quality checks on content and new development prior to release.
- Ensure releases pass all required checks and approvals leading up to production deployment and effectively communicate approved exceptions.
- Monitor and administer the automated build and continuous integration process to ensure correct build execution and facilitate resolution of build failures.
- Define common mechanisms for rollback and standards for capturing release-related performance indicators.
- Measure release cadence and effectiveness using common metrics across the software portfolio.
- Support Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) and DevOps transformation initiatives.
- Identify, design and implement automated processes.
- Contribute in developing best practices for infrastructure as code, build and continuous integration tools.
- Create documentation to support the Release Management process.
- Train and mentor associate team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems and/or equivalent work experience. Associates degree with relevant industry experience may be accepted.
- Five or more years of expertise and leadership in release management.
- Three or more years of hands-on release management experience in DevOps.
- Three or more years of hands-on experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Two to five years of .NET/C# development experience.
- Experience in governing both waterfall and Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
- Exposure to release management in a DevOps or Continuous Deployment organization.
- Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release management function.
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices.
- Experience developing both automated and manual release deployment procedures.
- Experience with source code management tools (TFS, GIT).
- Experience with Visual Studio Team Services, TFS or Jenkins.
- Experience in Quality Assurance and Testing process in a .NET development team.
- Solid understanding of code driven deployment.
- Strong experience in TFS, VSTS and working in multi-branched environments.
- Strong understanding of QA processes.
- Background in Software Development.
ITA Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Company.