Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Program Manager
West Des Moines, Iowa
# of openings:
The Program Manager coordinates the operation of group travel programs for specific clients, and serves as a leader for the internal team. The Program Manager ensures all established quality control measures, deliverables, expectations and business practices are met across all applicable business units.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Public Relations, or Communications required.
- Three years experience in the group travel industry in a position of similar accountabilities and responsibilities, or a minimum of two-years experience in ITA Group’s Event Management division.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage details.
- Ability to handle numerous projects, prioritize workload and delegate responsibility.
- Experience in effective communication and relationship building skills, business writing and client presentations. Ability to interact with all levels of client management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft® PowerPoint, Microsoft® Word and Microsoft® Excel. Experience with Project Management Software, Visio and CRM system knowledge a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles with experience in preparing and assessing financial budgets and profitability.
- Experience in negotiations in a business environment.
- Excellent human relations skills with the ability to be flexible and sensitive to people's needs.
- Ability to think and act in a proactive manner. Capable of seeing the big picture while understanding how each element contributes to the greater whole. Must be competent to project how a change or delay in one area will impact the overall project. Willingness to try new ideas and challenge status quo.
- Experience in working with cross-functional teams. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to take and give direction within a matrix organizational structure and team environment.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm and dedication to support team members in order to achieve client business objectives.
- Ability to display a sense of urgency, ownership and accountability.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to external and internal customers’ needs in a timely manner; customer service experience in a service-related industry preferred.
- Ability to work the time necessary to complete projects and/or meet deadlines.
ITA Group , Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Company will consider reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Company.