Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Boiler Service Technician-Des Moines
Who is Cleaver-Brooks …
Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80 year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
Job Summary …
The Boiler Service Technician will be responsible for wiring, firing, and testing boilers in the field. This position responsible for the readiness of the customer equipment.
Your Responsibilities …
- Travel required. Not a local or shop position.
- Have knowledgeable of PLC’s, transformers, transmitters and other boiler controls.
- Wire all controls and motors for watertube and firetube boilers and auxiliary equipments.
- Rebuild control valves and regulators.
- Build and test control panel using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test fuel skids using Engineering wiring schematic and layout.
- Build and test condensate tanks and deaerators.
- Trim out firetube and watertube boilers.
- Perform start-up of Rental boilers in field.
- Assist departments as required.
- Reads blueprints and wiring schematics.
- Able to trouble shoot, fire, and set combustion on all types of boilers, including but not limited to boiler with superheaters, desuperheaters, and economizers.
- Determines valve trim, regulator size and spring, oil gun length and size, and all other parts and accessories needed to fire any boiler.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of pneumatic controls.
- Able to fire and set combustion on boiler with all types of electrical controls.
- Able to train other employee’s on the operation and controls of boilers.
- Maintain condition of and inventory of all tools and monitors.
- Apply intellect, creativity, adaptability, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Ensure duties and company projects are accomplished in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Support peers and management with internal and external projects.
- Adhere to company policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Skill and Effort …
Requires stooping, climbing, bending, crawling, and lifting 50 pounds, working in confined and elevated areas, and prolonged standing
Working Conditions and Hazards …
Some work in physical plant environment where plant orientation may be required and safety precautions are required. May encounter some unpleasant working conditions of brief duration. Little to no contact with hazardous conditions.
Do You Qualify …
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and work from blueprints and schematics
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- Must have a broad knowledge of boiler controls
- Mechanical and electrical background a must
- Must have the ability to trouble shoot boilers and auxiliary equipment
- Must be able to retrofit control systems in the field
- Must have the ability and knowledge to trouble shoot systems with no schematic
Experience: 1 years of prior experience in mechanical, electrical, HVAC or equivalent.
Benefits of Being a Cleaver-Brooks Employee …
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, wellness benefits, life insurance, short term and long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, generous vacation and 11 paid holidays.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of position given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.