Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Configuration Manager - ANG
at Cape Fox
Cape Fox Federal Integrators is seeking a talented Configuration Manager to support the USAF Air National Guard. Qualified candidates must currently possess a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility. This position is for a future opportunity; incumbents are encouraged to apply.
The Configuration Manager (CM) implements the policies, procedures, techniques, and tools that manage, evaluate proposed changes, track the status of changes, and maintain an inventory of system and support documents as the system changes. The CM will establish programs and plans to provide technical and administrative direction to the development and implementation of the procedures, functions, services, tools, processes, and resources required to successfully develop and support the Distributed Common Ground System (DCGS) and Remotely Piloted Aircraft (RPA) weapon systems. As changes inevitably occur in the requirements and design, the CM must ensure these are approved and documented, creating an accurate record of the system status and insuring uniform application throughout the system lifecycle. The CM must have outstanding soft skills as well as a solid understanding of network technologies, software development, protocols, and standards required to design, plan, implement, integrate, and sustain networks that support voice, data, video, and wireless network services for airborne and terrestrial information transport systems. The CM must build strong relationships with the Government personnel at the sites, Program Integration Office (PIO), and Systems Program Office (SPO) as well as the Contract Field Service Representatives (CFSRs) at all sites – these relationships are critical to the success of the program.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Provides the overall CM infrastructure and environment to the product development team.
- Helps develop, maintain, and enforce policies and procedures for establishing baselines and for performing a standard change-management process.
- Analyzes changes of system design to determine the effect on the baseline system and function and determines and prepares documentation necessary for change.
- Reviews released engineering change data and changes documenting activities to ensure adherence to configuration management procedures and policies.
- Coordinates with the Program Office, lead CM, and customers to determine a process for change reporting.
- Ensures that the CM environment facilitates product review, and change and defect tracking activities.
- Develops and maintains the CM Plan and reporting progress statistics based on change requests in accordance with appropriate Air Force CMPs.
- Helps establish a single enterprise CM process and database for maintaining and tracking changes.
- Provides support to project teams in configuring and base-lining project items.
- Recommends configuration management solutions that effectively meet customer requirements.
- Determines configuration requirements and develop system configuration procedures.
- Plans and coordinates system configuration activities for timely completion.
- Develops process improvements to enhance configuration efficiency.
- Educates staffs and other onsite personnel about configuration policies and practices.
- Assists in developing tools to support daily configuration management activities.
- Analyzes and resolves configuration problems in a timely fashion.
- Communicates configuration discrepancies to leadership for immediate resolutions.
- Assists in designing automation tools to support configuration procedures.
- Ensures that system configuration is executed in accordance with customer needs.
- Assists in configuration audits and implement audit recommendations.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in Information Technology field desired. (6 years’ experience with no degree)
- An active TS clearance with eligibility for TS/SCI is required.
- CompTIA Security+ certification is required.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Technology Library® (ITIL) Practitioner Certification is desired.
- CM2 and/or CDM certification desired.
- Experience with networks, long-haul communications, and systems administration is required.
- Two to four years of experience as a Configuration Manager.
- Strong knowledge in CM best practices and experience implementing them.
- Experience supporting customers in the Department of Defense is highly desired.
- DCGS and RPA domain knowledge a plus.
- Experience in working with software and hardware configurations.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have STRONG soft skills.
- Self-motivated with minimal oversight.
- Ability to document and explain configuration changes.
- Exposure to integrating the build infrastructure with automated tools to enforce code quality as well as automated tests.
- Possess the mindset of continuous improvement.
- Self-disciplined and have a positive attitude.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Excellent strategic thinker and ability to think innovatively.
- Excellent time management, written/technical writing, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Travel may be required.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates provide equal employment opportunities to all persons and prohibit employment decisions on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, or sexual orientation. Cape Fox Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates offer preference to Cape Fox Corporation shareholders, descendants and other Native Americans pursuant to Public Law 100-241.