Athletico Physical Therapy
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Physical Therapist- Float- $500 a month Travel Stipend!
at Athletico Physical Therapy
- Job Function
- Physical Therapy
- Metropolitan Area
- Des Moines, IA
- Employment Type
- Requisition #
Mission Statement and Core Values
Athletico’s sole purpose is to provide exceptional, progressive, and cost-effective fitness, performance and rehabilitative
services through personalized care that emphasizes education and prevention of future injury. This is accomplished through building on our core values of patient/client satisfaction, accountability, teamwork and continuous improvement, which are the foundation for our unique culture.
Float PT for Des Moines Metro
At Athletico, the Physical Therapist’s role is to evaluate, design and implement a patient’s plan of care. Each Plan of Care is created to increase, maintain or restore function, minimize or prevent disability, and assist patients in reaching their maximum performance levels.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing interpretation of prescriptions, performing an initial evaluation, and establishing a treatment plan with functional and/or work related goals
- Appropriately progressing the treatment and goals
- Periodic and timely written communication to physicians
- Appropriate discharge management and patient follow-up
- Supervision of rehabilitation aides and administrative staff as needed
- Supervision of PTAs when applicable per the appropriate state practice act
- Documentation: All PT’s are responsible for documenting all treatment and completing all written communications in a timely manner, including but not limited to, initial evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries, daily S.O.A.P. notes, functional status reports, functional capacity evaluations and insurance/plan of care forms as necessary
- Physical Therapists are responsible for establishing and developing professional relationships with Athletico’s referral sources including, but not limited to, physicians, PAs, ARNPs, chiros, case managers, etc.
Exceptional patient care and service.
- Community Services (such as):
- Hosting a booth at a health related fair
- Presenting an in-service on orthopedic injuries or prevention
- Providing coverage to special events such as sport camps, races, tournaments & lectures
- Performing complimentary screenings to the public with appropriate referrals as necessary
- Ability to demonstrate compassion toward patients
- Service oriented
- Physician office visits – inform physicians of our services, locations, quality patient care and philosophy to be the best provider
- Accompanying patients to their physician visits (patient visits)
- Interoffice communication and follow up
- Education: Staff in-services, community in-services, attendance at continuing education courses, and follow-up summary of all continuing education courses to staff members
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain state license
- Complete all compliance standards as requested
- Energetic and a team player
Education and Experience: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Program
- Current Professional licensure as a Physical Therapist
- Current CPR Certification
Essential Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read, write/type and speak English proficiently
Physical Demands: The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function.
- Specific vision requirements include the ability to see at close range, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and understand
- Possess the ability to fulfill any office activities normally expected in an office setting, to include, but not limited to: remaining seated for periods of time to perform computer based work, participating in filing activity, lifting and carrying office supplies (paper reams, mail, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel, and reach with hand and arms
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20-25 pounds
- Fine hand manipulation (keyboarding)
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Internal office
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low